Another Friday, another early night.
With my 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning group runs, my Friday night social life has been placed on the back burner. The last few weekends, though, I haven't been as responsible as I'd like, and last week's run was a little tough after a few adult beverages at our monthly office happy hour. Tonight, however, I'm planning to hit the sack early and wake up "refreshed" (or somewhat less groggy and grumpy than usual).
My stricter routine this time around is thanks to a big weekend of running and "celebrating." As always, I have my group run tomorrow, but in addition, I'll be running a 5K on Sunday. On top of that, it's St. Patrick's Day weekend, an event that Boston takes seriously. In fact, the name of the race that I'll be running on Sunday translates to mean "the Race of Ireland" (I won't bother trying to spell the actual name, because it looks like gibberish), and our post-race activities are at various bars around Somerville (a suburb of Boston). A few of my teammates will be running it with me, and I convinced my speed-demon roommate, Brianna, to sign up too. Hopefully, there will be pictures that I can post next week.
All of this sounds fabulous, I know, but there's a small hitch: It's meant to rain buckets all weekend. Literally! The weatherman claimed that some areas may get doused with as much as 4 inches in 24 hours. I have friends who claim running in the rain is fun, but since I have yet to do so, I am doubtful. I will report back next week!
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment