Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Drying Out

This morning, I went to put on my sneakers before my morning run, and I realized that they were still wet from Sunday. Today is Tuesday, and since Sunday afternoon, they have been sitting in front of our heater, which has done a fairly good job of drying out everything else that got sopping wet this weekend, including my down parka. But not my running shoes. And they weren’t just a little damp; I took out the insoles to find drops of water on the other side. I had to throw on an old pair, and my blistery feet are not pleased at the moment.

If my shoes aren’t proof enough, let me reiterate: this weekend it rained... A LOT... 7 to 8 inches in fact! And I’m the moron who spent almost all of her weekend outdoors. Thanks to our Saturday morning group run, viewing apartments that afternoon, going on a pub crawl that evening, and running a 5K Sunday morning, I spent most of the weekend looking and feeling like a drowned rat. On top of the rain, there were 35-mile per hour sustained winds, and let me just offer you a word of advice - DO NOT cross the Mass. Ave. bridge in said conditions unless you would like swimmer’s ear without a pool.

However, despite the bleak conditions, I had fun overall. Over two days, I ran over 7 miles, and I had my best 4-mile run so far. Despite the weather and my lack of sleep (thanks to the pub crawl and daylight savings time), I finished the 5K in 32:17, which is not AMAZING but is my personal best.

I’m just crossing my fingers for good weather in San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment