This weekend a big weight was lifted off my shoulders, though. Saturday marked the date of my first charity event for TNT, a Jersey Shore (the popular and controversial MTV hit) pub crawl in New York City that I've been planning for about 2 months. You may be wondering, "Why would you plan a bar crawl in NYC when you live in Boston?!" Good question! I figured that most of my college friends lived in NYC and that since they are all immensely more popular than I am (that's not saying much), they would pull in a good-sized crowd. I'm happy to report that they did, even though a few people had to cancel because of yet another snow storm. The whole day was a lot of fun, and I made about $650!!! Here are some pictures:

With all of the funds from the bar crawl and thanks to everyone's generous donations from the start of my training, I've reached over 60% of my fundraising goal!! I need to keep working hard, but it's nice to be past 50%.
As for my training, there is nothing too significant to report. I ran (with some walking) 4 miles on Saturday at the gym before the pub crawl, and it felt pretty good. I need to venture back outside, but it's been hard with all the snow/cold rain/hurricane-force winds. I'm looking forward to San Diego and the summer!


No comments:
Post a Comment